it feels so good 2 look hot af w yr glasses on, like i cant believe there was evr a time in my life win i felt weird like i hadnt brushed my teeth or s/t if i hadnt put my contacts in, idk im just like so incredibly pro-glasses
i find it weird that aja believes (wrongfully) that publishers are out here lurking fandoms to find bnfs whose work they can publish, and her response to this vile commercialism is to…find bnfs whose work can be published, where bnfdom is entirely about fanbase and not necessarily talent, and there are writers not so close to the center of things who have finished manuscripts and no connections to get cover art or signal boosting from people like aja and her friends.
like, it’s so disingenuous to set up a system that charges ppl 500 for some bnfs WIP folder (that isn’t even going directly to the bnf after 10 payments) so you can publish their first novel badly and cost them the rights to it w/ ur fucker, when what you could do is put together like, a working group of editors/artists/publishers willing to give REAL WORKING ADVICE to young authors, directions to existing small publishers for niche markets, a list of artists willing to take commissions for cover art (ie willing to look over a book and work with an author on what these OCs look like, etc), maybe even people willing to read manuscripts for reduced fees. like, you dislike publishing houses so your response is to make a very shitty publishing house that will do the same things, the only difference is it will troll the internet for BNFs it can squeeze a novel out of? so weird 2 me.
im done w finals!!!!! im gonna do badly on a lot of those projects loool w/e tis the season 2 plummet frm bein ranked #1 in the class 2 bein ranked number average af but anyway
so jesus doesnt rly like decorating the tree w his fam bc i guess his mom n sister like make it kind of super stressful n not fun n like they wont let any of the ornaments stay where he puts them n they like weirdly berate him abt it i guess lol which is like wh at the heckie ywh wd u do tht, so mean??? but w/e bc hes gonna decorate tree w my fam n hes excited 4 tht so yeah n__n bc our treeis the best kind of tree w like al the raggedy ugly ornaments u made when u were in kindergarten n shit, i truly do not understand ppl w like perfect elegant trees like literally where is the fun in tht
“It would be immoral of me to preach violence unless I’m prepared to pick up arms myself. It is equally immoral for me to preach nonviolence when I’m not bearing the brunt of the attack.”—Arundhati Roy (via bahutkuch)
also, i heard the way spanglish version on the radio 2day n LITERALLY THOUGHT IT WAS A MRIARH CAREY SONG?????? iv nvr listend 2 a grande b4 n i was like ???? lieterlay so startled n astonished??? I LIETALRY THOT IT WAS MC, LITERALLY, IM SO WIRDIED OUT
lmfao i am become the ultimate clich (im 2 lazy 2 go get an e accent aigu), uh, talkin abt like not being like .. actively suicidal but more like uh thinking about the like ~~nature of being suicidal~~ or whatever I guess?? omg soorrryryr like i wish u cd c me rn im literally rme @ myself
ugh i keep seeing ppl talkin abt how cool their boyfriends r n it like makes me wanna talk abt how cool MY boyfriend is bc like i try 2 kinda u kno keep it on the dl online bc i feel like idk s/times ppl doin relaysh stuff online win it’s not an online relaysh is kinda weird n gross (ps this doesnt apply 2 ppl on here, this literally on applies 2 like some ppl i kno irl who do weird shit on fb) but anyway my boyfriend is p cool n by p cool i mean hes rly cool, i mean like hes maybe the best n coolest boyfriend actually, im tryn 2 think of like a good anecdote 2 share but ugh its just like idk his general person also rn it’s hard 2 think of positive things bc he n r both drownin in finals rn loooooool txt it, misery express party of literally evry1 @ school
anyway im stoked 4 him 2 come w me @ the beginnin of break, hes finally gonna get 2 meet rue (n also her gf! which is exciting bc they literally grew up 5-min drive from each othr n like hav hella mutual friends—also rue’s gf’s little sister thinks she met jesus @ a party 1ce, also it cd hav bin jesus’s brother bc i mean like identical twins) n we’re gonna go out w them n then the nxt day drag hungover selves 2 rue’s graduation (!!!! ugh im literally SO JEAL WAH FUCK……..) n then 2 my parents’!!! i feel a lil bad bc ice hell is literally HELL n also like it prob wont b tht fun 4 him 2 just b hanging out w me n my parents @ the house, thank god my brother livs close by, anyway cool
“We need local productions rooted in the true realities of people, which are immediately accessible to people and which address their problems but also their dreams.”—Gaston Kaboré (via vagabondaesthetics)
4. Favorite movie soundtrack: bc i am a huge sucker 4 the anachronistic shit, i rly loved the soundtrack 2 house of tolerance / l'apollonide: souvenirs de la maison close; also i cant find it anywhere online now but im pretty sure sunny / 써니 (2011) had a gr8 soundtrack (but rly this is just an excuse bc i rly just want 2 shout from the rooftops what an AMZING INCREDIBLE WONDERFUL JOYFUL movie sunny was!!!!!! evry1 shd go watch it!!!!)
7. A movie storyline you wish you had actually lived: oh gosh wow idk i wnna pick s/t where they went on like a cool adventure n nothing 2 terrible happened n there was a happy ending???? I CAN THINK OF NOTHING
11. Favorite quote(s): this isnt evn a movie frick (or well im sure there hav bin movie adaptations but i havnt seen them) but from henry v ‘stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood’ i lov i loV I LOV IT god carry it tenderly 2 my heart 4 all eternity
33. Last movie you were disappointed with: i was so disapptd in v/h/s, it was so gross, also i was hoping that cherrybomb movie was gonna b good but it wasnt, also chico y rita
43. A film that scarred you: farewell my concubine / 霸王别姬 literally fucked me up SO SO SO badly like i watched the movie and started crying and my rmm8s came home an hour later and i was still crying and they thought that something really terribly awful had happened 2 me i still cant think abt it w/o getting usptes
49. A book you want to see adapted to the big screen: oh GOSH i wanna say the gracelings & monsters series by kristin cashore but only if it was done like rly well!!! like rly rly super well!!!! also huntress by malinda lo, clearly all i care abt is ya fiction
58. Favorite genres: horror the shitty love of my life, does ‘ridiculous movies’ count as a genre well idk just like ovr-the-top stuff w comedy n supernatural elements!! my silly beloved jam, movies abt girls being friends
59. Least favorite genres: those fuckin like inspirational triumph-of-the-human-spirit or whatever the fuck bullshit movies tht r meant 2 like make u a better person or w/e like that fuckin coast guard movie the guardian or w/e, does this make sense, anyway it’s kind of a loosely defined (by me bc its not a real genre, w/e) genre but yeah this kin dof bullshit
1. A movie you’ve seen most times in cinema: omg ok this is pretty embarrassing (or not w/e idk i gotta like ~~own my lowbrow taste in movies~~ or w/e) but i think probably the 2011 red riding hood??? which i think i saw 3 or 4 times or w8 ACTUALLY NO i think coraline!!! yes definitely coraline actually bc i saw that 6 times in theaters bc me and my best friend rly loved it n kept making diff ppl come w us 2 c it
2. Your most rewatched movie: hmm well ok again w/ my choices but i think probably either a knight’s tale or bring it on tbh altho i havnt seen either of them in a while now. attack the block is my most rewatched movie in the 2011-2013 period tho prob
“To attribute the rehabilitation of R. Kelly as a musical hero to his music alone would be lazy. I believe who his victims have been — and, crucially, what they look like — plays a massive part in our collective willingness to embrace a predator. They were all little black girls.
Recently a trending topic on Twitter called #fasttailgirls was started by @karnythia and moderated by @hoodfeminism. It discussed the sexualization of young black girls and how, due to no fault of their own, young black girls are made responsible when their bodies are violated. In this context the victims are criminalized and chastised, and the perpetrators valorized.
As I read the trending topic and watched women boldly share their truth, it occurred to me why R. Kelly’s comeback disturbs me so much. If R. Kelly’s victims had looked different, had fit the archetype of what we believe victims typically look like (whiter, blonder and more in line with what we’re taught to associate with innocence), maybe there would be uproar.